Skip to main content

Welcome 2012!

Today is the first day of the New Year and while it really isn't much different than yesterday (it is almost noon and again I am still in my pajamas), I am among the mass mind set that it is the day for new beginnings. I know from prior experience that the gyms are crowded right now and that stores are stocking the shelves with home organization products (that reminds me, the Elfa sale at The Container Store should be starting soon).
Which brings me to my not quite so new beginning. While I've always enjoyed writing, it wasn't until almost three years ago that I started writing my first novel. I've since finished it (and I use finish loosely because it is always evolving and I imagine will continue to do so until the day it is finally published) and started working on a second and third with more ideas in mind. Well this is the year that I step things up and make my writing a priority. I need to spend everyday writing in some form whether it be on this blog, a short story to help build my street cred for future agents, or polishing a novel. I am going to put myself out there more by asking friends to read what I have written, write more query letters to agents, and attend more confreneces. I hope that you will join me on this journey and hopefully laugh with me, cheer for me, and perhaps even inspire me.

Comments