Skip to main content

Expectations & Inspiration

Two parts to this post:

First, what do I really expect to achieve with this blog?  I'm beginning to think it is another form of procrastination.  Think back to my last post about procastinating versus just being lazy.  If I'm blogging on here, then I'm doing something that involves writing.  But it gives me less time to do actual writing, as in the kind that might get me published.  I haven't written any more on my sci-fi short story since Monday, however I managed to watch the highlights of the People's Choice Awards.  Perhaps I feel that if people enjoy reading this, then they might enjoy other things that I have written.  Seeing as how nobody is reading this, that part isn't going top well for me just yet.  But I will continue to write on here because every writer has a blog, right?  I promise it won't be all about writing though, that would just get boring.  If I ever end up with any followers, I might actually post some excerpts of stuff that I have written.  Or maybe sooner in an attempt to lure readers.

The second part is that I was inspired by another dream last night, or rather this morning.  It started out as an odd culmination of events from the last year with a fictional curveball thrown in, then morphed completely into fiction.  Even the lead character wasn't me.  Her name was Marguerite (she preferred to be called Mar) and was an artist.  As sleep transitioned into wake, I found myself rethinking the details.  How could I make a story out of this?  The first thing I had to do when I got up was start taking down notes before the details became fuzzy.  I am pulling from some events of my own life, but in the end it really will be fiction.

In real life, my older half-brothers lost their father, Nick, last March.  Then by the end of the year we lost our mother to lung cancer.  In my dream, we were at Nick's funeral which was happening after our mother's.  Family members from my step-dad's side who had flown out for my mother's funeral, were at this one instead.  While there, I see someone who is the spitting image of Nick off by himself.  Everyone is ignoring him, but I walk up to him and ask if he is Nick's son.  To everyone's shock, he is, from before my mother.  This last part is the fictional part.  But it would certainly create some drama!  Soon after, the dream transitions to him, Karr (not sure where the name came from), and Marguerite (the new female lead) living together in France.  At first I didn't know why, but I've since created a whole plot line and can't wait to get started on it! It will be a story of loss, secrets, and eventually, love.  Again, another excuse to not work on my short story.

Comments