Skip to main content

Inspiration and other stuff

Blogspot has made some changes, not sure if I like them, but that may just be because I haven't figured out how to navigate it yet.  Also, I tried to get to the site by simply entering the address in the bar, but it was slow to load.  Actually it's still trying to load as I write this.  So I decided to just google it and click on the link.  Have no idea why, but sometimes this helps.  But on the first page for a search on "blogspot" there was no link to the actual website.  Then I tried "blogspot.com" and still the website was not listed!  I finally tried Bing and got lucky.  It really should not have been that hard.

Anyways...

So inspiration struck again at such a random moment.  I was walking my son home from school when we were passed by a guy carrying another student on his shoulders.  It was raining and she was wearing a sweatshirt that I am guessing was his since it was way too big and he was now in a short sleeve t-shirt.  I imagined she had forgotten a jacket and hadn't planned on walking home in the rain.  I thought "What an awesome dad...Or uncle."  And the thought of that being her uncle suddenly inspired the premise for a book.  I'll have to remember to make some notes.  Maybe it will be my NaNoWriMo (National November Writing Month) story this year.

In other writing news, I have begun a major overhaul of my only completed novel.  To the point where I'm just cut and pasting the parts that I am keeping.  But I feel good about it, I know it's what my story needs.  Thought I am beginning to think that will never actually be DONE with it, this is actually the second major overhaul.  But it really does get better each time so it's worth it.

Comments