Skip to main content

Wine & Taxes

Friday night we went out with another couple that we have known for over a decade. The husband, B, has worked with my husband almost as long as my hubby has been with the company so naturally they end up talking a lot of shop. In an effort to steer the conversation, I told him about my recent good news (contest finalist) and after congratulating me he asked what I would get if I won. Bob and I laughed when we told him it was only $30, but I explained that counted as income which meant that I would be able to deduct expenses such as conference fees and printing out my manuscripts for beta readers. He then started to attempt to educate me on just how much I should claim to keep me within certain tax brackets. Seeing as I was on my second glass of wine, this was all going right over my head. My lovely husband finally cut him off and said "Let's just focus on the word income right now. We'll worry about the rest later."

He's as excited as I am in his own way.

Comments