Skip to main content

I Have Arrived!

...At the RWA 2012 Conference in Anaheim that is.  I have a half hour left on the hour of in-room wi-fi I purchased so I decided to use it for a new post.  I bought that single hour of wi-fi because after the orientation meeting tonight, I realized that I really should have brought business cards down with me.  I had intended to.  But I procrastinated and then the day before when I still hadn't gotten around to it I decided it wouldn't be that big of a deal.  Boy was I wrong.  I managed to come back to my room with three cards after a single one hour meeting, but I felt stupid handing out strips of paper with my info.  So I purchased that hour of internet so I could go online and order my very own cards.  Unfortunately I won't have them for tomorrow as they won't be ready until later in the day, but I will have them on hand for Friday and even more importantly, for Saturday when I have my agent and publisher appointments.
Other than feeling like a loser for not bringing cards down with me, I am still excited for this week.  There are some great classes that I am looking forward to and I am hoping to meet some new people.  We shall see.  While I am an incredibly social person who loves to talk, I always take a bit to warm up to people.  I came across a quote once that I felt perfectly described me.  "People who don't know me think I'm quiet.  Those who do wish I was."
Well, I still have twenty minutes left on the clock, but I'm tired and I have to be up in less than eight hours so I think I will go ahead and sign off for now.  I will try to post again tomorrow if I can figure out the wi-fi situation at the conference. 

Comments