Skip to main content

Fireworks! Ugh.

I'm not a big fan of fireworks, but most of the time I don't mind them. When it's a well done large production, I sometimes enjoy them. Especially if it's done to music. I love music. But when they are being shot off in the neighborhood at one a.m. on a Sunday night/Monday morning that isn't the 4th of July, I loathe them. Wait, it's not the fireworks I loathe, it's the idiots who think it's perfectly ok to shoot them off at this hour in an urban area. It is the same every year starting about a week before the Independence Day holiday. I get self-conscious if my dogs start howling between the hours of nine pm and nine am. I'm still a little embarrassed if they do it during the day, but as long as it isn't going on for too long, I know it's not really bothering anyone. I just wished everyone in my neighborhood shared my view of this common courtesy. Just because you don't have to be up at five am to go it work doesn't mean nobody else does. (Oh, I would be referring to my husband, not myself.)

Comments